What is your default uniform? You know, that one pair of slacks that is your “go to” first choice, or that favorite sweater that looked really good a few years back and well today…not so much! It’s really a challenge to get out of a comfort rut when it comes to what we choose to wear every day. But what if you could get a little help to re-imagine how to use what you already have to pump up your look, to feel more confident and look great.
Every day we know we have to get geared up, dressed and out the door. If you are looking at launching a refreshed personal look to improve confidence, feel better and save time and stress you would be right to call a wardrobe stylist professional to get the job done.
It starts with a couple of simple steps that are guaranteed to improve your time, your look and feel better!
Here are a few tips from my interview with fashion artist Hilton Hollis (www.HiltonHollis.com)
- Hilton shares that you might not realize how much time you waste digging through a lot of outfits that no longer fashion forward or fit your style. If you haven’t spent some time to check out what you have in your closet, consider the services of a professional to weed out the oldies and not so goodies, and sort through the years of pile up to organize and streamline your clothing and accessory choices to start your day in a new and refreshing way. Hilton recommends the services of a creative wardrobe consultant who has a keen eye for spotting what pieces will work together in ways you never thought about, or releasing those items that you just don’t wear anymore, or may be in need of serious repairs. Block an hour or two with a professional to get that project started.
- If you have recently been in a life transition, what you wear and how you wear it may have a significant impact on how you suit up every day. As an example, if you are a new mom, trading in items that require dry cleaning can be replaced with easier care items to accommodate that new baby. If you are launching a new career, the attire choices may be quite different than what you presently have available. Getting a professional to guide you with new basic choices will save you money and time.
- Speaking of saving time….are you a busy professional with no time to really shop? A wardrobe stylist can help you by providing personal shopping services and or connect you with a designer that specializes in your favorite styles. A top level stylist will assess your present closet items to get a visual idea of your style and preference. To save you time, your stylist will already be familiar with where to buy what you need, actually purchase the items and take them to your home for total time saving convenience. What a great way to look great and not have to slug through several stores and hope to find what you are seeking.
- Lost weight? Time for a new look! Nothing improves self-confidence like a new you! One of the challenges of going from “fat to fit” is “seeing” yourself differently. Find a super wardrobe consultant that can help you consider new designs that you felt were never an option.
- Men need makeovers too! Sometimes we just get “comfy” with the type of slacks, suits and shirts we’ve “always worn”. Consider getting a real boost on your look by hiring a wardrobe stylist to help you reinvent a new but more youthful or fresh look.
- Gift shopping? A wardrobe consultant with great style can help you with gift purchases for that special someone in your life. Think about how well received a “personal wardrobe stylist gift certificate” might be for that someone who has “everything!” The one thing no one can buy is time, so a time saver like a personal shopper might be the best “gift card” you can buy.
It’s always a good time to review how to streamline and prioritize what we do and how we do it. Getting yourself a professional to jump start your new you now!
For great fashions for women, visit: www.HiltonHollis.com
Need help with you, your business or life in general? Contact Terri for a complimentary consultation.